Frequently Asked Questions

For registration, you can ,

Answer: There are two ways to book your road test.

No, after the course completion, book your road test at any registry or visit www.alberta.ca/Drivers-road-test.aspx. All road tests are conducted by the government driver examiners.

download Drivers guide to operation, Safety and licensing: cars and light trucks .

Yes,  you can use your own vehicle but make sure to have valid registration, insurance and ensure that your vehicle headlights, signal lights, and brake lights are properly working. Also, make sure there are no cracks that affect the driver’s visibility on the windshield.

Yes, you can use the driving school vehicle. To book the vehicle, you must inform your instructor or driving school at least 24 hours in advance and pay the rent.

You will have to attend two days in class from 9 am – 5 pm according to the driving schools classroom schedule or you can do it online with extra charges of $55.00.

Recommended in-vehicle training is 2 hours per class according to the student’s availability.

You have 18 months to complete the course, if unable to complete during the time period you must re-register.

The insurance reduction certificate is recognized by the insurance industry as proof of your course completion. Discount rates vary with each insurance company. Also, depending on the area you live in, make and model of your vehicle, and your age. All these factors will affect your insurance, it’s better to check with your insurance company.

If you are 14 years and hold a class 7 learners you can start anytime.

You must be 16 years or older and have your class 7 learners for at least one year.

Answer: It depends on what country you came from, for more details please view the following pdf.
Download pdf